Sunday 15 February 2015

Tomato Chutney With a Healthy Twist

Tomato chutney is an all time favourite at my place.Who would not love it.
My little one loves it since he was 1.5 yr old.Goes well with bread,dosa,idly,rotis and what not !!.
With so much of health consciousness mounting up all around us ,I was trying to add some healthy ingredients to the usual onion tomato chutney I make but made sure no specific flavour overshooted.
My son enjoyed it with crispy dosas! :)




Ingredients:
Tomatoes 3 nos cut
Onion 2 nos roughly cut
Carrot 1 no medium size
1 fistful curry and coriander leaves (believe me its healthy n works wonders)
Red chilly as per taste
salt to taste
Flax seeds 1 tsp
Peanuts 1 tsp
Tamarind- small piece (optional)
Oil - very little.

Method:
In a kadai,fry onions and tomatoes along with carrot chopped in oil till the carrots are tender.
Add red chillies,salt,curry and coriander leaves,tamarind
Saute for some more mins.
Finally add flax seeds and peanuts and give a stir,
Once cooled,mixer it.

Serve it with hot dosas/idly.Tastes Just Divine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment