Wednesday 15 July 2015

Beetroot Millet Pakodas/Fritters

These colourful crispy fritters is a delicious twist to the normal pakodas made with leftover rice.Here I have uplifted the health quotient(I know its a fried snack..But sshhhh! once a while is OK I say :)) by adding my leftover beetroot curry & foxtail millet rice.You can try with any of your leftover veggie and I'm sure kids would relish it and ask for more.




Ingredients:
  • Leftover rice 1 cup. I used foxtail millet rice.
  • Beetroot Curry/Poriyal leftover 
  • Onions 1/4 cup
  • Fried cashewnuts few
  • Green chillies according to taste
  • Rice flour 3 to 4 tsp
  • Salt to adjust
  • Lemon juice 
  • Chilli powder to taste
  • Coriander and Pudhina leaves few

Method:

Mix all the ingredients well and add rice flour to get a binding consistency. Make sure you are able to make small balls.
Deep fry in hot oil.Serve with chutney or ketchup.

Hot and crunchy on the outside,soft and flavourful on the inside ,these Pakodas are a good way to use leftover rice and veggies.

The mint flavor and colour of beetroot gives a visual treat apart from delighting your taste buds.





No comments:

Post a Comment